Wednesday, June 11, 2014

8 June Trabadelo to Ruitelan

I expect that with only 8km walked this will br the shortest day on my Camino.
Trabadelo 7am
I snored badly last night. I was really tired. It is cherry season hetr and I bought a kilo of cherries for E2.50 yesterday. This will be breakfast and lunch.

Portela de la Vegs 9am
Sitting in a lovely little church. It is 3 hours to mass in the village 3km up the valley so no hurry at all. And 2km after that is the albergue where I plan to stop. Very few churches in this part of Spain are open so it is nice to have found one.

Ruitelan 3pm
When I got to Vehs de Valcare the mass time was posted as 13:15 not midday as I thought it said on the church door in Trabadelo. So I skipped it and came on to the albergue. Had a leisurely lunch and a nap. I'm trying to catch up a bit with my blog tjis afternoon.

7pm
The food smells coming from the kitchen are wonderful - even after a lazy day I'm hungry. I have been thinking about how to mark the changes in my life. After breaking up with Lynley I went through some Christian centred counseling/healing. To msrk thst chsnge I stopped chewing my finger nails. I am wondering if the beard should go. If I decided to do that it can wait s bit and be removed for s daffodil day funf raiser. It has been showery all afternoon so I am glad I'm not walking. Tomorrow is supposed to be a cloudy day going over the mountain anf into Galicia -which please note Rogers & Hammerstein is the wet part of Spain. The forecast is for the hottest weather I've had on the Camino.  Finally the 30° temperatures I've been expecting since Logrono when I came out of the mountains of Navarre. Just been looking at a map and I see this area is not part of the Douro basin but drains into thr river on yhe Dpain/Portugal border. I forgot to go down at 6pm for the massage session. My shoulder is the only part hurting this afternoon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment