Thursday, December 6, 2018

Day 4 Panvel to Wavandhai

Distance walked 83.2km
Funds raised NZD4062 INR193467

I had the best sleep I have had yet on the walk last night. I woke at 4am and went back to sleep until the alarm went off.  Over tea and biscuits my nose started running -  a sign of things to come.
Shashikant gave us a donation to send us on our way.
We were on the road at 7:45 and for the first hour walking was very pleasant as it was cool.  When we stopped for breakfast at Derawali I realised I was not well and would not be able to go the full distance.  I suggested I stop after 10km but finished up doing 15km.

My recollection of the walk is hazy.  I know that at Bhokarpada when we stopped for sugar cane juice for I said enough but there was no suitable place for me to wait.  We went on another 2km to Takedevi Temple  where after drinking a bottle of water I lay down on the concrete floor and slept for an hour.  Pankaj continued for another  2 hours 15 minutes and did 10km in that time -  a very creditable speed.  He said he put the music on and just went for it.  I think he should play music more often.  During that time he walked past the very large Morbe Dam which provides water for Navi Mumbai and Panvel.

On the way back to his house Shashikant took us to the site of an apartment block he is having built.  It is a 5 storey building with 56 apartments.

After a nap I was able to justice to Smitha 's  cooking and ate a proper meal for the first time in 48 hours.

Published from Panvel 9.15pm 6 December


No comments:

Post a Comment