Saturday, December 15, 2018

Day 12 Narayangaon to Bota

Distance walked 254.6km by Pankaj 184.1km by Mike 55.1km by Daryl

This blog is fairly short - and 2 days late.

In the wee hours of Friday morning I was struck down by the dreaded Delhi Belly. I don't know why I didn't think to get pills for it in New Zealand - I guess I was optimistic.  Fortunately Daryl had some and by 10am the symptoms were under control.  I was still very weak.  I did not walk and only had water with electrolytes all day.

The good news part of the day is that the pharmacy in Narayangaon donated a replacement for Dayl's pills and electorlytes.  I spent the day in the car with Mr Cricket while Daryl and Pankaj did the walking.  I do remember Daryl getting into the car for a break at some point for a few kilometres.

Evidence that we don't really know what we are doing.  With less than 2km to the finish Daryl and Pankaj walked on saying for me to direct Mr Cricket to the finish.  I managed that but they weren't there.  When they had seen about 100m of gravel where the old road turned off the expressway they stayed on the expressway.  Going back to the expressway we went down the slip road not being sure exactly where Daryl and Pankaj were.  It was a dead end.  Mr Cricket is very good at backing and roared up the road in reverse at good speed. 

The night was spent at a very small guest house somewhere near Alephata.  The gardens were delignhtful and the beds comfortable but in typical India fashion the plumbing leaked so the floor was wet in the bathroom and most of the power points didn't work.

No comments:

Post a Comment